Williamsburg has a unique shopping scene, with mainstream brands like Maje, Sandro and J. Crew being one few in the area. Williamsburg is known for its vast independent boutiques, homeware stores, and of course, vintage shops. There is a plethora of vintage stores, each with a certain cult following and curated collections.
One of the best kept secrets is the Wonders of Walter, a sidewalk vintage pop-up shop in Williamsburg open on weekends and M/W/F. Don’t try to Google the place, because it is unlisted on the internet, on purpose. Unless you live in Williamsburg, only a vintage aficionado would know of this shop located next to an abandoned lot and a beer garden. Walter has some of the rarest designer picks (like a Gucci monogram bomber jacket) and everything you might see It-Girl models like Gigi Hadid sporting.
Check out this list of our faves from living in Williamsburg:
1. LE GRAND STRIP: 197 Grand Street
2. ARTISTS AND FLEAS: 70 N 7th St, Brooklyn. Check out Thriftwares shop specifically!
3. AWOKE: 132 N 5th St, Brooklyn. Great denim!
4. ANTOINETTE: 119 Grand St. They have online shopping too!
5. HORIZONS: 381 Metropolitan Ave
6. KNOWN TO MAN: 320 Graham Ave
BONUS: WONDERS OF WALTER, SIDEWALK POP-UP: 131 Berry St