There are many perks to spending Ramadan in the Middle East, but even more so in Dubai. Reduced works hours, lavish tent buffets and late night suhoor food trucks are just some things to look forward to. Shopping is no exception. Malls open as normal at 10am and have extended hours until midnight or 1am on most days.
During the month of Ramadan, there are several pop-up shops, tent shopping fairs, and special release collections from Emirati designers and the greater Middle East. It is the shopping month of the year, with the biggest happenings occurring only during the month of Ramadan. We stopped by these spots around town and got to personally meet the designers behind the brands. You know you’re in the right place when every Emirati woman in Dubai is present. The best part of it all: ordering custom, made-to-order pieces from the collections. Most designers only feature one of each design, but many are willing to order the pieces that are unavailable tailored for you.
If you are lucky enough to be in the Emirates, do yourself a favor and shop this month’s fashions and events that have been selling out since before Ramadan began. Please be advised these events sell out early, we recommend attending right when the pop-ups begin. Also, be on the lookout for event information on Instagram, these events are not advertised elsewhere!
See the list of seasonal collections to shop by mainstream designers and high street brands during Ramadan + Eid here.
- Design 971 Boutique – Pop-up shop located in The Village
- Dubai Mall – Free-standing pop-up shop located on Fashion Catwalk w/ Middle Eastern local designers
- Eventra Ramadan Fair – Indoor shopping event with hundreds of local designer stalls
- Hanayen – Ramadan collection of abayas
- L’Afshar – GCC designer, Ramadan collection of clutches.
- Cities – GCC-born homewares boutique, carrying Ramadan local garb, artwork and special accessories collections for Ramadan
- OTT – Eid collection
- Symphony – Emirati boutique
- Zayan the Label – Emirati designer w/ Ramadan collection
- S*uce – The most famous Emirati boutique in the Emirates